Welcome to our FAQS
Where is The Perky Lady located?
We are around the corner from A Taste of Brooklyn Bakery, nextdoor to Rose & Lee Co., and right across the street from Apex Baptist Church. Look for the house with the brick wall out front. Feel free to park in the driveway or on the street. The church is also kind enough to offer overflow parking in their lot directly across the street. Just make sure they don’t have their event signs up please.
Do you have other locations?
Not yet! We are the one and only independent and female owned Perky Lady. However, our online shop with a small sampling of our goodies is available 24/7 from the comfort of your own boudoir! Click here to start shopping! We are also happy to ship your phone or social media orders to any location in the USA.
What are your hours?
Tuesday – Friday 10am to 6pm and Saturdays 10am to 2pm. We are closed Sunday and Monday. *Holidays and Special Events may alter these hours. Stay up to date by following us on our social media channels. Check out online shop – available 24/7!
Do I need an appointment for a bra fitting?
What can I expect to pay for bras?
While your specific needs and style will dictate how much you can expect to spend with us, our client’s average purchase will include several pieces and total between $250-$500. Some purchases will be more and some will be less depending on preference, style and number of pieces.
Do you host private parties? Bridal showers? Book Club perhaps?
My bra fitter is older/younger or larger/smaller than me. Will she understand what I need?
What sizes do you carry? Do you carry my size?
But do you carry my size…? In our shop people are pleasantly surprised to find that we do not put them in a box. You may leave with 5 different size bras from our shop, BUT they will all fit. Do not get hung up on the letter number combos. Instead focus on fit. What fits and feels the best! You will have many options and may find something unexpected that you love by keeping an open mind and listening to the advice of your fitter.
How are your products sized? What size am I? What size do I buy?
Our bras and lingerie are mainly imported from European companies and occasionally sourced from small brands or independent designers. We prefer using the UK sizing method for most of our bras; however, we don’t believe in measuring and going from a size chart. Measuring is not the same as fitting. Fitting is what you will get when you physically come into the shop. With all the variations in style, sizing, brands – even in the same bra but a different color – it may fit differently. It can be overwhelming and even paralyzing when you are put in front of a million different options and you are left with a measuring tape and a standardized size chart for products that aren’t executed in a standard way and neither is your body.
So, when you come in the shop – have no fear! We will be there to get you into the right fit with ease – be it bra, lingerie, or underwear. We prefer providing personal service so that you get a phenomenal fit every time, which is why you find a gallery of bras we carry on our social media page but cannot purchase them through our online shop that is coming soon.
Shopping online with The Perky Lady is available NOW! We want you to have the convenience and ease you are looking for. We also want you to purchase with confidence. While sizing guides are generally a good place to start, make sure to check the “Fit Tips” tab on our product pages, for more information regarding specific fit. If you still aren’t sure shoot us an email at email@example.com, message us via Facebook or Instagram, or call the shop at 919.589.2970 to discuss the fit of specific Perky Lady garments. We are always happy to help!
Do you carry plus sizes?
Are the sizes you have on the sales floor, all you have in stock?
Do you offer bridal gift registries?
Or book a private VIP experience while you try on items and make your selections, your personal fitter & shopper will assist you with her lingerie expertise and private one-on-one customer service. She will take note of all the items you would like added to your registry, so you won’t have to lift a finger! All while you nosh on local treats & sip a fizzy drink, if you wish.
Better yet! Book a Perky Party for your bridal shower and get everything you want the same day and a load of amazing memories with your friends and family!
Do you carry bridal undergarments?
Do you carry sports bras?
Yes! We carry a variety of athletic sports bras from leading specialty bra brands – Panache, Parfait, and Anita. The majority of our sports bras range from medium to high impact designs, and A – J cup sizes, so there’s something for most people and every activity!
Do you carry nursing bras?
Do you carry mastectomy bras?
What are fashion styles or fashion colors?
How do I prepare for my bra fitting?
- Please give yourself enough time and mute your cell phone if possible. You will feel more relaxed and more present if you aren’t stressed for time or have constant phone interruptions. We know you are important, but taking uninterrupted time just for you is more important. Plus our fitters are giving you their full attention, it is important that you do the same so you get the best possible results.
- Come clean. Wear minimal deodorant or clear deodorant and minimal to no perfume and body oil. Got a tanning or spray tan appointment? Schedule it for after your fitting or on another day. These are intimate items and while our fitters minimize what is tried on we still want to ensure the cleanliness of our product offerings. Plus you run the risk of ruining that great tan!
- Save the heavy meal for after your fitting. You will be much more comfortable if you have a light snack or wait till you are finished. Besides, you’ll want somewhere to go to strut your stuff and show off your new silhouette and confidence after your fitting. Downtown Apex is a wonderful area to peruse and grab lunch or dinner.
- Keep the jewelry minimal or store it safely away in your purse when trying on bras and lingerie.
- On your period? Or having hormonal shifts? This will affect your fitting. We fit for your current physical situation. Save the fitting for another day, unless you are specifically looking for a bra to wear during period/hormonal times. Your bra may end up fitting differently.
- Gather any clothing (special or regular) that you’d like to try your bras on with. We suggest booking our VIP appointment for wedding related attire.
- If you need help getting dressed or cannot walk or stand unassisted, please ensure that you bring a friend, family member, or caregiver with you to your fitting. Our staff are experts at bra fitting and are not trained medical professionals.
- Participate in your own successful fitting. Keep an open mind and don’t be afraid to ask questions. You will only get out what you put in. Giving your fitter a slew of don’t/can’t/won’t mandates or must’s that aren’t synergistic will hinder the fit process. Trust the process and have fun! Lingerie is beautiful and exciting so enjoy it.
Do you ever have sales?
Hostesses of Perky Parties always receive 10% of the total sales during their party in merchandise credit to use during their party. Not only will you be a legend amongst friends, you get rewarded! Schedule your Perky Party today by calling us at 919.589.2970.
Why are some products / bras more expensive?
- The materials used and construction of the garment are of a high standard of quality. Engineering actually goes into a bra. Patterns aren’t just scaled for size, they are re-engineered and redesigned based on the needs of the sizing.
- The garment has been manufactured using skilled craftsmanship, and has undergone rigorous quality control testing. These garments are designed in a developed country, and often many components, or the whole piece, is made in developed countries as well. Some luxury brands can require up to 50 pieces to make one bra! This isn’t a laser cut or stamped, hot pressed moulded bra made for a bulk for a box store.
Both of those factors ensure that you are receiving a product that is both comfortable and beautiful, and will last a long time with proper care. When you come in for your fitting don’t hesitate to try on bras in a variety of price points one after another. We encourage it! Compare it. Look at the details on the more expensive bra – the finishing, the quality of the lace, the feel of the fabrics. Consider the thought that went into giving you the best comfort and fit possible – the anatomical shape of the band, the cushioned pocket for the underwire, the U-shaped back that keeps your straps in place. Notice how much better it feels, and ask yourself, “Aren’t I worth having gorgeous everyday bras that fits me well, gives me the support that I need, is comfortable all day long, and I feel beautiful in?” (Hint: The answer is a resounding “YES!”)
What is your exchange policy?
What are my payment options?
What are the benefits of creating an in-store customer profile?
- We keep a detailed, automatic record of all the items you have bought over the past 12 months. We can look up your profile in a matter of seconds. What was that bra I bought last time I loved? Which SOAK wash did I buy in December?
- You can tell us items you want to purchase later or have someone purchase for you by adding it to your Wishlist. It is a great way to ensure you get everything you want! No more cell phone photos with no context. Let us keep track for you!
- Partners especially love shopping Wishlists! It leaves the guesswork out of sizes & styles. Everyone wins!
- You become eligible to pre-order pieces before we release them for general sale.
- You are automatically enrolled in our referral program & Perky Club (loyalty). Refer 10 new people that purchase at The Perky Lady and receive 50% off 1 bra. Starts over each calendar year. Perky Club – purchase 6 bras and receive a FREE GIFT!
We respect your privacy! Our customers’ personal information is never sold or shared with third parties.
How can I receive information about new arrivals, sales, and promotions?
Do you accept guest blog articles?
We are interested in The Perky Lady carrying our brand. What is the best way to reach your buyer? Are you interested in our B2B services?
I’ve booked my Virtual Fitting. What else do I need to know?
Virtual Fitting Follow Up Fit Check
The follow up fit check appointment must be booked and completed within 10 days of your original virtual appointment. After the 10 days all purchases made during the virtual fitting will become final and no store credit or exchanges will be given
We Carry a Wide Variety of Lingerie Brands
perfect bra, and lingerie. Whether you are looking for a sports bra, backless,
strapless, special occasion, wedding, or any other type of bra,
we have you covered.